The “Where is Poppy” Concept is a simple one, You are somehow captured in the colorful and very playful imagination of our young unsuspecting dreaming narrator “Poppy” who is portrayed as a young girl at the age of 6, She has gotten lost in the dark side of her dreams, You play as “Oscar” her teddybear while you travel her dreams trying to bring her back to the safe and fun region, interact with some key characters that provide hints and clues on where to go next all while exploring this strange dimension.
- Experiencing the game through the third person, you must naviagte dreamland, interact with the environment, its occupants both good and evil and help get Poppy home to the safe region
- Linear style gameplay where you try to get from A to B, with puzzle elements to make it interesting
- Health System, damage to the player causes them to move slower and affect sight
- AI system where helpful and friendly “dreaminions” can follow and aid you, or evil “scaries” can attack you and Poppy.
- Not all creatures are evil, some are just scared and lonely, the trick is figuring out which ones are, Some can be inactive and are woken through noise and movement around them
The player is motivated to survive the onslaught of “scaries” which is the evil undertone of the game, The player will find incentives through finding special weapons in each level, a possible achievements system and random Boss fights. Ultimately protect Poppy from harm and get her back to safety
Singleplayer (Multiplayer may be implemented if singleplayer plays well) Survival Horror, First person, with adventure elements
- General GoldSrc modding community
- Casual PC Gamers
- Goldsrc enthusiasts
- Gamers who enjoy a slightly humorous take on Survival Horror and adventure
None, Free to play mod.
- Surviving the wrath of what would normally be just imagination.
- Navigating a constantly changing and often hostile environment
- Basic PC capable of running Half-Life
- If time permits a port to Linux and MAC may be developed.
- To create an atmosphere of fear, uncertainty and worry for the child
- Simple and clean art style (easily decifer between dreamland and darkland)
- Survival Horror with occsaional elements of humour
- Easy to play and master.
- Oscar the Teddy – The main character in this game.
- Poppy – A six year old female child with pigtails and an unnatural sense of curiosity
- Friendly Creatures “Dreaminions” – These tend to be colourful and passive friendly towards the player, often helpful dropping hints
- Unfriendly Creatures “Scaries” – Darker colors, easy to identify, Will hurt the player and or Poppy if disturbed
- Neutrals – Dont interact with the player or Poppy, simply add another dimension of animation the game